Sunday, February 10, 2008

Glass Half Empty or Half Full?

Apparently, I don't see it either way. What about you? According to this quiz, I see what's exactly in the glass. I never try to make a bad situation seem better than it is...But I also never sabotage any good things I have going on. I am brutally honest in my assessments of situations - and this always seems to help me cope. Here, I was thinking I was an optimist, but turns out I'm a realist.

Speaking of optimism...I was a sucker and bought a book that was discussed on the Oprah show the other day. The book is called Law of Attraction: The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't by Michael J. Losier. Basically, the more positive vibes you give out to the universe, the more positive things the universe will give back to you. It sounds hokey, but since I've been reading the book and practicing a bit of what it has to say, I have sold two handbags and two custom banner an avatar sets from my Etsy shop. Those two handbags have been sitting unsold for quite some time now. I determined my desire (to have more sales), focused on it and gave it attention (took several new photos of them) and while I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep I imagined opening up my email the next day and getting sales. Turns out that it has worked for me two days in a row. I know, I know, it's a coincidence...it's the new pictures that got me the sales. But coincidence is another term we often use to explain the almost inexplicable phenomenon that is the Law of Attraction. "Believe it or not!"

No comments: