Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Eco Tip of the Week

At the suggestion of my sister, here is my eco-tip of the week! Instead of using paper towels to clean up around the house, why not buy some microfiber cloths that you can throw into the washer when you're done? I recently started doing this and not only does it save us money on paper products, it's great for the environment. Microfiber is super absorbent and picks up dust and dirt incredibly well due to the microscopic "hooks" created in the fibers during manufacturing. I got a large pack at one of the wholesale clubs. Coupled with an eco-friendly all purpose cleaner like Simple Green, you'll be on your way to a cleaner, greener, simpler life.

3 comments:

Abbie Road said...

Great tip, this is what I do most the time, but I use a vinegar/water/lemon juice combo for cleaning spray. Talk about cheap!

Anyway - I just saw you joined the EtsyNJ yahoo group that I made, and noticed you're local - I'm from Medford! Small world!

Best of luck!
Abbie
http://abbieroad.etsy.com
http://originalabbie.com

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Yay! I love this tip! Keep them coming.

K Hutchinson said...

WOW what a great tip! I will have to pick up some of those micro towels- I seen some at the dollar store a while back!