Saturday, January 21, 2012

{Snow Days}

I don't know about you, but I adore snow days.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's dangerous to drive in, but I'm a homebody and don't care to leave my house more than I have to, so it works out pretty nicely for me.  My son is with his Daddy this weekend and I did the laundry during the week, so I have some time to just sit around the house in my slippers and house sweater, as I like to call it.  Sounds more fashion-forward and less old lady-esque than "housecoat".  Look at her....she's so happy in hers.   
Vintage Sweater Pattern by {DiamondsAndPurlsUK
My dissatisfaction with sitting in an office all day long has inspired me to get blogging again.  I do love to write and my day job doesn't really allow me to express any creativity whatsoever.  In addition, my sister the artist found a great newsletter interface called Mail Chimp that we are both going to use to connect to our friends and followers.

In celebration of my future 1st Monthly Newsletter, I'm giving away a $25 Shopping Spree at my vintage shop, One Cozy Nest Vintage.  How it's going to work is after I get a decent amount of new subscribers, I will compose the first monthly newsletter announcing the winner.  I'll give that person a discount code to use when they make a purchase.  So, if you're feeling lucky or just want to stay informed about new One Cozy Nest Vintage updates and get special discounts, sign up below.




Plaid Wool Lap Blanket with Fringe {$23.99}
I woke up early to the sound of the icy mix tapping on my windows and I hopped out of bed...okay, I groggily slumped out of bed....to look out the window at the stark whiteness.  I love it.  I made myself a cup of hot tea and watched the poor birds try to scavenge on what remained of the birdseed.  I felt badly for them, so I donned my new snow boots and trudged out there to freshen up the feeder.

Little Birdie Wall Plaque with Hooks {$9.74}
I also sprinkled a fair share of seed on the ground for the mourning doves.  Hopefully Mr. Hawk will give them some peace today because I don't want to find tender bits of my birdies on the snow later.  I know, gross.  Here are a few more things that fit with the theme of the day - {KEEPING WARM!}   
Travel Coffee Set - Electric Pot, 2 Cups {$10.49}

Metal Advertising Wall Thermometer {$22.99}
Until next time, stay cozy!

Amanda
One Cozy Nest

2 comments:

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

I'm still loving that travel coffee set! Hmmm, where can I use it? Keep warm:)

Mandy said...

We can use it inside our Shasta Trailer when we finally get one!