Friday, October 10, 2008

{Books, books, and more books}

Hello friends! I love vintage books. I love the smell of the pages and I love their dusty covers. I'll buy a book just for it's pretty cover or subject matter. This is sort of a strange love because I'm not a big reader. I read, but it takes me forever to finish a book because I tend to easily fall asleep. A few pages a night is all I can do! My sister is an avid reader. I love listening to her tell me what the books she's reading are about. It's just like watching a movie preview! One of her all time favorites is The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. It's set in the 1960's in South Carolina. I haven't read it yet, but my sister lent me her copy. Wikipedia says that the story is about a girl named "Lily Owens, whose life is shaped by her blurred memory of the afternoon of her mother's accidental death. When Lily's black "stand-in mother," Rosaleen, insults three racists in town, they escape to Tiburon, South Carolina, a town that holds the secret to Lily's mother's past. Taken in by an eccentric trio of black beekeeping sisters, Lily is introduced to their mesmerizing world of bees and honey." They made a movie based on the book so my sister and I have a date to go see it together. I better get to reading! I'm almost finished book 5 of the Harry Potter series so after that, I plan to read the bee book. Anyway, here are some of the vintage books I have up for sale in my Etsy shop, One Cozy Nest.
French BookArt Book Collection
The Alternative

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love vintage books, too. I like the way they look. I found an old Mother Goose book at a flea market a few months ago and was quite surprised by the colorful language that they used!